Post autor: Robertinho »

Czołem Uśmiechniętej Polsce!
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

Re: ATP - rozważania ogólne

Post autor: jaccol55 »

Del Potro still behind top four

Obrazek

The big four have not played yet in the American hardcourt season but it was good to see Juan Martin Del Potro back again last week.

He has showed at the US Open before that he can mix it with the top players. He's got a very big game and he's getting better all the time and I think he's closing the gap.

But I believe Andy Murray is a better player than last year, Rafael Nadal hasn't really shown us this year what he did last year and I'm not sure he's physically at his best, certainly he hasn't played his best.

Roger Federer is playing astonishingly well and I was amazed with what happened at Wimbledon, he played better this year than last.

I've not been an advocate of Federer in the past couple of years but I did back him to win Wimbledon and that match with Tsonga was extraordinary.

He never has been that animated when things are going wrong, I've always said about Federer that he's not in the top four or five players as a match player. So when it becomes a real match, yes he has won some pretty good matches that have been tight but also for Roger Federer he's lost more than his fair share.

Tsonga was on quite an extraordinary roll and Roger Federer playing at 80-85 per cent of his best couldn't beat him.

People ask "is the motivation still there for Federer?" I suspect it is still there.

At the same time, Djokovic has just got better and better and he could easily win the US Open.

He can use his athleticism at he US as well as on any other surface. What he has to avoid is the intense heat. He's got lucky with both the draw and the fact that as the top player means he tends to play night matches at the moment. But one match in the intense heat and even if he doesn't come a cropper it will still take it out of him for the rest of the tournament.

I don't believe Andy is great in the heat either; he's been lucky with draws and with when he's been scheduled to play recently. He's just unlucky that he's playing in the same era as Federer, Nadal and now Djokovic.

I do think that Djokovic and Federer, and probably Murray as well are playing better than when Del Potro won the US Open in 2009. And Nadal may well get back up to that standard.

I think Del Potro will by a top five, possibly even top four player but I don't see him getting better than that. Maybe there's something I'm missing. I see a huge game, a big heart, weapons all over the place but I'm not sure he can put it all together. I still have him behind Murray.

At the moment I have, in order of preference for the US Open: Djokovic, Federer very close, Nadal, Murray, and then Del Potro.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/si ... icle/6855/
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Post autor: DUN I LOVE »

Co do gry Rogera to trudno się nie zgodzić z Reedem, że Szwajcar grał w tym roku lepiej niż 12 miesięcy wcześniej. Nie jest to duże odkrycie, mając na uwadze kryzys Rogera z 2010 roku, niemniej tegoroczne wyniki w WS chyba jednak są odrobinę gorsze niż sama gra Mistrza. Nie widziałem meczu z Tsongą, ale w 4 pierwszych rundach Wimbledonu '11 Federer sprawiał naprawdę dobre wrażenie. Nie było przesadnych fajerwerków (jak to momentami miało miejsce w 1 tygodniu RG), ale jego gra wyglądała, jak się zwykło mawiać, 'obiecująco'. :P Euroszlemowy okres nie przyniósł Szwajcarowi żadnego WS, ale o to może mieć pretensje chyba sam do siebie. W Paryżu idealnie trafił z formą na 2 najważniejsze mecze, nie wykorzystał tego. Inna sprawa, że z Nadalem chyba nigdy nie był aż tak zdeterminowany jak w tym Wielkim meczu z Djokoviciem.

Co do tego domniemanego układu Top-5 to wyniki w tegorocznych Szlemach wyraźnie pokazują, że del Potro jest pierwszym w kolejce do ataku na pierwsze 4 miejsca rankingu. W RG i Wimbledonie przegrywał z Djoko i Nadalem, za każdym razem stawiając rywalom największy opór w ich marszu do 1/2 / finału.
MTT - tytuły (27)
2021 (4) Sankt Petersburg, Moskwa, IO Tokio, Gstaad, 2020 (2) US Open, Auckland, 2019 (4) Tokio, Halle, Australian Open, Doha, 2017 (1) Cincinnati M1000, 2016 (1) Sankt Petersburg, 2015 (1) Rotterdam, 2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj, 2012 (1) Toronto M1000, 2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose, 2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam, 2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne, 2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (35)
2023 (3) Waszyngton, Indian Wells M1000, Buenos Aires, 2022 (3) Wimbledon, Miami M1000, Australian Open, 2021 (4) San Diego, Wimbledon, Halle, Genewa, 2020 (2) Paryż-Bercy M1000, Acapulco, 2019 (2) Kitzbuhel, Genewa, 2018 (3) Sankt Petersburg, Stuttgart, Marsylia, 2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000, 2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam, 2015 (1) Halle, 2014 (1) Tokio, 2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur, 2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000, 2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia, 2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000, 2008 (1) WTF
Awatar użytkownika
Bizon

Post autor: Bizon »

Niekorzystne losowania (co zrozumiałe, bo albo nie był rozstawiony, albo wpadał szybko na Nadala czy Djoka) i wcześniejsze porażki mogą sprawić że Portek na powrót do Top 4 musi jeszcze poczekać. Niemniej jednak obecna czołówka za wyjątkiem Top 4 jest tak słaba, że pod koniec sezonu nie będzie miał problemu z zajęciem 6-7 miejsca.
MTT GOAT, 144 weeks #1, 2010, 2011, 2012 Year-end no. 1
W: LA 08, Dubaj 09, New Heaven 09, Bangkok 09, Pekin 09, Madryt 10, Roland Garros 10, Barcelona 11, Madryt 11, Roland Garros 11, Cincinnati 11, Paryż-Bercy 11, Monte Carlo 12, Tokio 12, Dusseldorf 14
F: Olympic Games 08, Bangkok 08, s'Hertogenbosch 10, Wimbledon 10, LA 10, Memphis 11, Waszyngton 11, Montreal 11, Szanghaj 12, WTF 12, Madryt 14
Awatar użytkownika
Ranger

Post autor: Ranger »

Już teraz Juan zajmuje w rankingu ATP Race 8 miejsce, a do 6 Soederlinga traci tylko 370 pkt (5 Ferrer mając 1580 pkt przewagi na razie jest poza zasięgiem). Tak więc jego udział w World Tour Finals jest już praktycznie pewien, a na koniec sezonu Delpo powinien zająć piąte lub szóste miejsce.
W(20): 23': Halle 22': Doha, Bastad, Gijon 21': Cagliari, Lyon, Waszyngton 20': Montpellier 18': Doha, Pekin 17': Szanghaj, Bazylea 16': Queen's Club, Atlanta 14': Pekin 13': Montpellier, Atlanta 12': Kuala Lumpur, Szanghaj, Bazylea
F(29): 23': Pune, Australian Open, 22': Neapol 21': Marsylia, Stuttgart, Eastbourne, Gstaad, Winston-Salem, Metz 20': Adelajda, Australian Open 19': Montpellier 18': Dubaj, Umag 17': Sofia, Barcelona, s-Hertogenbosch', Wimbledon 16': Genewa, s-Hertogenbosch' 13': Barcelona, Madryt, Bercy 12': Dubaj, Estoril, Madryt, Rzym, Nicea 11': Los Angeles

W(14): 22': AO, MC, Madryt, Wimbledon, Cincy, Bercy 21': Toronto, Cincy 19': Montreal 18': MTT Finals 17': USO 15': AO, RG 13': Wimbledon
F(8): 23': Rzym 22': USO, MTT Finals 19: Rzym, Wimbledon, Davis Cup 18': USO 16':
Wimbledon 15':USO
Awatar użytkownika
wyczesany

Post autor: wyczesany »

Changing of the guard

Obrazek

Friday August 19 will last long in the memory of tennis fans as a turning point for the new guard.

It is now undeniable that Roger Federer is slowing down. Besides a brief resurgence in August 2010 and another at Roland Garros this season, Roger has not been able to find his best form.

It is also obvious that Rafael Nadal has struggled since the start of the season, losing five consecutive matches to Novak Djokovic.

The Serbian, who was crowned number one in the world in July, has had an outstanding season thus far and is without doubt the dominating force on the Tour. However, the events of Friday magnified all of the above.

Nadal's loss to Mardy Fish

Fish showed how much he has improved and once again how difficult it can be to beat the Americans on their own soil - they are so pumped up when playing at home.
The Spaniard failed to produce his best tennis, seeming hesitant, lacking accuracy, playing too short and failing to find his striking quality in order to push back his opponent.

I've always thought, and wrote, that Nadal plays his best tennis when he has victories under his belt and is feeling confident. Rafa's confidence is his most valuable weapon, and it can multiply the quality and efficiency of his shots tenfold, as he showed during the last French Open where he started out like an average player and finished like a champion.

He is going through a rough time at the moment - probably the toughest of his career - as Djokovic has destroyed the confidence that he spent so many years building. More than losing five consecutive finals, more than taking his throne, he showed the world that Rafa was beatable - that he has flaws and that he can be tactically inept on occasion.

Federer's loss to Tomas Berdych

The Czech is enjoying a good time of it, playing a stereotypical but efficient game while the Swiss has lost a lot of his speed, and with it his main weapon: he now finds it difficult to run around his backhand in order to fire off his lethal forehands.

As a consequence, he has also lost his ability to jump forward in order to take the ball early. He is no longer able to dominate from the baseline when opponents try to move him around.

However at Roland Garros, he showed that he could still play some of his best tennis - the tennis of the past. This makes me think that he can no longer deal with the pressure: in Paris, all the eyes were on Nadal and Djokovic. Relieved from pressure, he was able play freely and so proved that he is still able to beat the best.

Federer needs to find a balance between levels of pressure and confidence so that he can perform at his very best. He has lost confidence through defeats and is under more pressure than he has ever felt before. If he can relieve himself of this pressure, Federer will become dangerous again.

Djokovic's win over Gael Monfils

Firstly, we must applaud the Serbian - even if the tennis he produced was not something you would expect of a world number one. The power he currently holds at the peak of world tennis grows with every loss that his two rivals suffer.

He has destroyed the mindset of two of the greatest champions the game has ever seen. That is partly why Friday was the most poignant symbol of his reign; but also because he himself suffered a downturn while winning.

In terms of quality of tennis, the start of his match against Gael was pretty bad; but what also seemed to be lacking was his attitude. The Serbian wasn't ready to fight. Only mistakes and poor errors of judgement from the Frenchman allowed Djokovic back into the match.

It is not easy to beat the unbeatable one. Mentally, it requires a huge amount of strength, and Gael could not find it on the day. It's a pity because this may have been a unique chance: he could have gained a lot of confidence from a win over the briefly fragile Serbian.

Regardless, Nole will continue to write history, and now alone - amid the crisis he is inflicting upon his closest rivals.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/pa ... icle/2385/
Awatar użytkownika
robpal

Post autor: robpal »

MTT career highlights (26-17):
2021: Delray Beach (F);
2020: Antwerpia (W), Cincinnati (W), Dubaj (F), Montpellier (F);
2019: Bazylea (W), Sztokholm (W), Szanghaj (W), Metz (W), Winston-Salem (F), Stuttgart (W), Madryt (W), Monachium (F), Barcelona (F), Houston (W), Acapulco (W), Buenos Aires (F);
2018: Paryż (F), Bazylea (F), Metz (W), Toronto (W), Estoril (F), Miami (W), Australian Open (F);
2017: WTF (W), Sztokholm (W), Hamburg (W), Stuttgart (W), Acapulco (W);
2016: WTF (F), Bazylea (F), Cincinnati (W), Roland Garros (F), Marsylia (W), Doha (W);
2015: WTF (W), Bazylea (W), Winston-Salem (W), Hamburg (W), Wimbledon (F), Stuttgart (W), Monte Carlo (F), Indian Wells (F);
2014: Halle (F)
Awatar użytkownika
Shinoda

Post autor: Shinoda »

Ale Rod się puszy :D
2003 US Open
Awatar użytkownika
Barty
Administrator

Post autor: Barty »

Jeżeli ktoś ma wątpliwości co do uczciwości drawów w Wielkich Szlemach niech sobie to przeczyta:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=189197

Dla nie anglojęzycznych w skrócie powiem, że nigdy wcześniej nawet nic zbliżonego do obecnych losowań się nie działo do obecnych czasów, np. Nadal tylko raz nie wylosował Murraya na 14 ostatnich WSach, kiedy była taka okazja! (Daleki jestem od twierdzenia, że to jest promowanie któregoś z zawodników, nie mam pojęcia, dlaczego tak jest czynione).
Tytuły (27):
2023: Wiedeń 2022: Miami, Astana, Bazylea, WTF Turyn 2021: Monte Carlo, Madryt, Winston-Salem 2019: Newport, US Open, 2018: Brisbane, Quito, Indian Wells, Monte Carlo, Monachium, Roland Garros, 2017: Auckland, Waszyngton, Shenzen, 2015: Doha, Sydney, Houston, Roland Garros, 2013: US Open, 2012: Nicea, 2011: Los Angeles, WTF Londyn, Wcześniej: Za słaba era, żeby coś wpisywać.
Finały (36):
2024: Brisbane, Cordoba, Estoril 2023: Auckland, Rotterdam, Dubaj, Barcelona 2022: Rotterdam, Monte Carlo, Monachium, Rzym, Newport, Hamburg, Gijon 2021: Monachium, Rzym, 2020: Rzym, Antwerpia, 2019: Rotterdam, Rzym, Roland Garros, 2018: Halle, 2017: Stuttgart, 2016: Tokio, Shanghai, Bazylea, 2015: Wiedeń, WTF Londyn, 2014: Doha, 2013: Cincinnati, 2012: Monte Carlo, Roland Garros, Sztokholm, 2011: Marsylia, Monte Carlo, Wimbledon, US Open, Wcześniej: Za słaba era, żeby coś wpisywać.
Awatar użytkownika
jaccol55

Post autor: jaccol55 »

Mardy Fish, James Blake, Lleyton Hewitt i John Isner wspominają, gdzie byli i co robili 11 Września 2001 roku (w czasie ataków terrorystycznych na USA).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9thrdUvo ... ture=feedu[/youtube]
Awatar użytkownika
robpal

The top four remain magic

Obrazek
Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal after the US Open final

Once more, we have confirmation that the magic four, composed of Djokovic, Nadal, Federer and Murray, are ruling the tennis world.
They either belong to that elite because of the quality of their game - like Federer and Murray, who are more gifted than the rest - or by their intensity and confidence - like Nadal and Djokovic.
They're all reaching the last four in the main events most of the time. More than this, they showed that the margin between them and the other players remains as big as ever.

Tsonga again proves he can pull off an upset
However, it does seem that only Tsonga is able to keep in touch with them. Forced to be 100% in order to fight against them, like he said, he will need more time before being a genuine Grand Slam contender. But achieving it is definitely a possibility considering the Frenchman's ability.
He seems to feel he belongs in their 'league', he has a really high opinion of himself and of his abilities. The proof is his last two victories over Federer. Jo has the physical strength and power, with strong shots like his serve and forehands. He's changed his game too. He's always moving forward and he possesses a good net game, so he's really a very efficient attacking player.
He ended his seven-year collaboration with his coach Eric Winogradsky, has cut his links with the French federation and now works without a fitness trainer. This break-up helped him to find back some freedom and improve his mentality. He's now playing more spontaneously, probably producing the best tennis of his career.
Everything seems possible for him, but it won't last long. He's going to find obstacles in his way very soon. If he stays alone, he could get bogged down after time and will lose his motivation too because Jo is an emotional kind of player. That's why I think it'd be important for him to start the 2012 season with a coach and real team around him in order to reach his goals.

An outstanding final
Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal gave us an outstanding show, taking the audience through the whole spectrum of emotions, in a final that we will never forget. The level of play was amazing, especially in the third set, which was played with a huge, astonishing intensity between two players at their very best.

How many Grand Slams for Nole?
Nole displayed the qualities of one of the best at the US Open, especially during this final where he had to dig deep inside in order to find a way to win. But he has demonstrated this knack all season long. He proved he was able to play his best tennis when needed. He's among those players who are always there when the big events come. But he also showed he is able to win even when he was having a bad day.
Where Murray often fails, Djokovic does not. And that's one of the reasons why he has been able to build this huge confidence that is now making him a better player. He's managed to merge his natural confidence - his oversized ego - and the confidence he's built through the results. These two types of confidence are now turning him into a nearly invincible player.
During the final, he always made the effort to get on top of Nadal, and it's no coincidence he won in Nadal-esque fashion: wearing his opponenent down mentally and physically. Rafa reckoned he often played against the Serbian this season without fully believing he could win, which is a first for him, and he ended the fourth set totally exhausted physically and mentally because of this fight, so he capitulated and lost 6-1.
So now everybody sees Djokovic as the next winner of ten or so Grand Slams, as an equal of Nadal and Federer. But they may be getting a little too far ahead of themselves, because he doesn't own the same technical and mental gifts as Roger.
In order to win, he needs to remain completely focused and to maintain the same level of confidence. It's possible to achieve but very tough mentally and physically. Not a single letdown will be tolerated, which puts huge pressure on his shoulders and will prevent him from letting go, even if only for a while.

Federer returns to his level
Roger Federer showed some great stuff here, just like he did at the French Open. Let's hope he'll be able to learn from those performances in order to keep going.
Taking the ball early, staying on his baseline, speeding up each shot, great footwork moving forward, and finally a high percentage of first serves: those are the keys of his past and present wins.
If he keeps this mood, there is no doubt he'll confirm what he showed in New York: being able to (nearly) beat the now unbeatable world number one. Encouraging.

Murray: always the bridesmaid
As for Andy Murray, I kind of don't know what to write anymore.
He's been on the same line of progress for about three years, which allows him to remain at a very high level, to stay in the leading pack but still remaining Slamless.
The same causes lead to the same effects and there is no reason for this situation not to go on - unless he changes something dramatically in his approach or preparation.

Del Potro hitting the ground
Juan Martin Del Potro is going through a doubt crisis after a long time out of the Tour because of an injury, followed by a very fast comeback into the top 20. He's now stuck there and has a hard time to move on to the top five again. As far as I'm concerned, I find him limited regarding his speed of movement and, so long as this remains, I don't see him reaching semi-finals or finals of Grand Slams.
http://eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/patri ... icle/2482/
2019: Bazylea (W), Sztokholm (W), Szanghaj (W), Metz (W), Winston-Salem (F), Stuttgart (W), Madryt (W), Monachium (F), Barcelona (F), Houston (W), Acapulco (W), Buenos Aires (F);
2018: Paryż (F), Bazylea (F), Metz (W), Toronto (W), Estoril (F), Miami (W), Australian Open (F);
2016: WTF (F), Bazylea (F), Cincinnati (W), Roland Garros (F), Marsylia (W), Doha (W);
2015: WTF (W), Bazylea (W), Winston-Salem (W), Hamburg (W), Wimbledon (F), Stuttgart (W), Monte Carlo (F), Indian Wells (F);
sheva

Post autor: sheva »

Będzie strajk tenisistów?!

Obrazek
Czołowi tenisiści na świecie nie zawahają się zastrajkować, jeśli tenisowe władze nie zajmą się niezwłocznie kwestią przeciążonego kalendarza - powiedział w poniedziałek Andy Murray.

Czołowi zawodnicy od lat podkreślają, że zobowiązanie do startu we wszystkich czterech Wielkich Szlemach, dziewięciu turniejach kategorii Masters 1000, finałach sezonu oraz garstce pomniejszych imprez, jest ponad ich siły i powoduje coraz poważniejsze kontuzje.

Kształt kalendarza kolejny raz został zakwestionowany podczas niedawno zakończonego US Open. Z powodu opóźnień wynikających z opadów deszczu Rafael Nadal i Andy Murray zagrali trzy singlowe mecze w trzy dni, by awansować do półfinałów.

BBC zapytało Andy'ego Murraya, czy zawodnicy mogliby zdecydować się na strajk podczas finałów sezonu w przyszłym miesiącu, aby ktoś w końcu zajął się ich postulatami.

- Jest taka możliwość - odparł Szkot. - Rozmawiałem z niektórymi zawodnikami i oni powiedzieli, że nie baliby się tak postąpić. Miejmy nadzieję, że do tego nie dojdzie, ale jestem pewien, że koledzy rozważą taką możliwość - dodał.

- Jeśli zaprezentowalibyśmy listę z punktami, które chcielibyśmy zmienić i każdy by się pod tym podpisał, a to by się nie stało, to wtedy musimy zareagować. Ale na razie nie mamy takiej listy. Usiądziemy, porozmawiamy o tym z ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) i z ITF (International Tennis Federation). Zobaczymy, czy będą chcieli kompromisu. Jeśli nie, to zaczniemy działać.

- Chcemy pewnych zmian, naprawdę niewielkich. Dwa albo trzy tygodnie w ciągu roku, kilka turniejów mniej, co, wydaje mi się, nie jest nierozsądne.

W listopadzie ubiegłego roku szef ATP Adam Helfant ogłosił, że od 2012 r. sezon będzie skrócony o dwa tygodnie i zostanie wprowadzona siedmiotygodniowa przerwa w sezonie. Miało to uspokoić graczy, którzy uważają, że obecny harmonogram jest zbyt długi. Ale oznaczało to, że terminy niektórych imprez zostaną zmienione, a zobowiązania tenisistów będą takie same.

Czołowe zawodniczki mają nieco lżej, bo kilka lat temu WTA zdecydowało się skrócić paniom sezon. Serena Williams czy Karolina Woźniacka mogą odpocząć od 7 listopada do 2 stycznia 2012. Rafael Nadal, który ma wziąć udział w finale Pucharu Davisa przeciw Argentynie, odpocznie dopiero od 5 grudnia, ale do gry wróci w pierwszym tygodniu stycznia.

Murray tłumaczy, że wprowadzanie zmian zajmuje zbyt dużo czasu. Sugeruje, że ewentualny kompromis wejdzie w życie wówczas, gdy obecni czynni gracze pójdą na emeryturę.
http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/bedzie-st ... tory.shtml
http://www.sportowefakty.pl/tenis

MTT Rank -4 (High Rank -2)

W: Winston-Salem '14 Newport '14 Brisbane '14 Shanghai '13 Beijing '13 Wimbledon '12 Rome '12 Madrid '12 Basel '11 Dubai '11 Sydney '11 Kuala Lumpur '10
F: Bercy'14 AO '14 Eastbourne '12 Barcelona '12 Munich '12 Beijing '11 Bercy '09
SF: Barcelona '14 Stockholm '13 Paris-Bercy '12 Toronto '12 Vienna '11 LA '11 Valencia '10 Moscow '10 Hamburg '10 Belgrade '10 Brisbane '10
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

Szukają sensacji. Przecież od przyszłego roku sezon będzie trwał 2 tygodnie krócej.
MTT - tytuły (27)
2021 (4) Sankt Petersburg, Moskwa, IO Tokio, Gstaad, 2020 (2) US Open, Auckland, 2019 (4) Tokio, Halle, Australian Open, Doha, 2017 (1) Cincinnati M1000, 2016 (1) Sankt Petersburg, 2015 (1) Rotterdam, 2013 (3) Montreal M1000, Rzym M1000, Dubaj, 2012 (1) Toronto M1000, 2011 (4) Waszyngton, Belgrad, Miami M1000, San Jose, 2010 (2) Wiedeń, Rotterdam, 2009 (2) Szanghaj M1000, Eastbourne, 2008 (2) US Open, Estoril

MTT - finały (35)
2023 (3) Waszyngton, Indian Wells M1000, Buenos Aires, 2022 (3) Wimbledon, Miami M1000, Australian Open, 2021 (4) San Diego, Wimbledon, Halle, Genewa, 2020 (2) Paryż-Bercy M1000, Acapulco, 2019 (2) Kitzbuhel, Genewa, 2018 (3) Sankt Petersburg, Stuttgart, Marsylia, 2017 (2) Sztokholm, Indian Wells M1000, 2016 (2) Newport, Rotterdam, 2015 (1) Halle, 2014 (1) Tokio, 2013 (2) Basel, Kuala Lumpur, 2011 (3) WTF, Cincinnati M1000, Rzym M1000, 2010 (2) Basel, Marsylia, 2009 (4) WTF, Stuttgart, Wimbledon, Madryt M1000, 2008 (1) WTF
sheva

Stich slams player strike talk

Obrazek

Top players threatening to strike in protest at a crowded schedule should stop living in a dream world, according to former Wimbledon champion Michael Stich.

Rumblings of discontent have surfaced in recent weeks with world number four Andy Murray claiming on Monday that leading players were "not afraid" to consider strike action.

The jam-packed calendar has long been an issue and leading players will meet at the Shanghai Masters next month to discuss their grievances. However, Stich believes they have little to complain about.

"I don't think it's a big issue," the German, who won Wimbledon in 1991, told the BBC. "I think the players forget that all the tournaments out there provide them with jobs.

"They are not playing more than 10 or 15 years ago. It's just like they are running after exhibitions, they are trying to make more money and don't even fulfil their commitments to the smaller tournaments some times.

"They have a shorter season than we used to have. I played singles and doubles and you look at guys like Stefan Edberg they played singles and doubles at grand slams and they never complained, they loved it, it was their job.

"Murray doesn't even play four rounds of Davis Cup throughout the year. It's not down to the tournaments and the ATP, it's down to the players themselves. Perhaps they need to look out for their bodies and pick their tournaments better?

"They seem to want to play less but have more prize money and have more influence on the schedule. It's not a dream world out there it's a job and if you take that on you have to deal with the situations you find."

Stich, who also won the Wimbledon and Olympic doubles titles, said crowded tournament schedule allowed lower-ranked players to earn a living.

"They should never forget that it's a partnership," added Stich. "If they go on strike they should think what about if the tournaments went on strike because then they wouldn't have a job, no income and no career.

"They should get into discussions that are reasonable, which is happening, but to go on strike is not a good solution."

Currently, top-ranked players are obliged to play all four grand slams, eight Masters Series events, the ATP World Tour finals should they qualify and a handful of smaller ATP tournaments. On top of that they also have Davis Cup commitments to their countries.

Things came to a head this month at the US Open when bad weather forced players in the bottom half of the draw, which featured both Murray and Rafael Nadal, to play three singles matches in three days just to reach the semi-finals.

While there was little any one could do to stop the rain, Murray said he felt the sport's organisers needed to listen to the concerns of the players over the schedule.

"If we come up with a list of things we want changed, and everyone is in agreement but they don't happen, then we need to have some say in what goes on in our sport. At the moment we don't," Briton Murray said on Monday.

"We'll sit down, talk about it with the ATP and ITF, see if they will come to a compromise and, if not, we'll go from there.

"We just want things to change, really small things. Two or three weeks during the year, a few less tournaments each year, which I don't think is unreasonable."

Last November ATP chief Adam Helfant announced that the season would be trimmed by two weeks and a seven-week off-season will be in place from 2012.

This year world number two Nadal could find himself playing in December in the Davis Cup final with the 2012 season beginning less than a month later.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/20092011/ ... -talk.html

W: Winston-Salem '14 Newport '14 Brisbane '14 Shanghai '13 Beijing '13 Wimbledon '12 Rome '12 Madrid '12 Basel '11 Dubai '11 Sydney '11 Kuala Lumpur '10
F: Bercy'14 AO '14 Eastbourne '12 Barcelona '12 Munich '12 Beijing '11 Bercy '09
SF: Barcelona '14 Stockholm '13 Paris-Bercy '12 Toronto '12 Vienna '11 LA '11 Valencia '10 Moscow '10 Hamburg '10 Belgrade '10 Brisbane '10
sheva

Niezawodny Simon Reed.
Players would be ridiculed for strike

Obrazek

I was stunned to discover the latest talk surrounding the world's leading players possibly going on strike over the crammed tennis calendar.

It does seem bizarre that multi-millionaires are considering going on strike, and the fact is they would get zero sympathy if they did so.

The long and short of it all, is the players would be setting themselves up for widespread ridicule.

At a time when I think PR could be better, this would be an absurd situation for the players to put themselves in; it would just make everyone laugh.

The US Open showed that the players are suffering and that there is too much play in the run-up to the final Grand Slam at Flushing Meadows, but whose fault is that?

No one is forcing the players to take part in all these lead-up tournaments and much of their individual schedules are dictated around the huge pay cheques they receive for participating at certain events.

Perhaps the schedule could be manoeuvred more cleverly, but I also think that the players have a responsibility to themselves in how they organise their own diaries.

I certainly think it is good that they are at least talking with ATP officials and expressing their concerns, but going on strike would alienate the players from those running the game.

There may need to be a reshuffle of the calendar, but my view is simple: every player is responsible for their own body, and the best players don't suffer.

Just look at Roger Federer and the way in which he has managed his schedule, while Rafael Nadal has also been very wise in the way in which he has juggled his itinerary since suffering his knee problem.

I think the US Open officials did not cover themselves in glory by the way they treated the players, with Nadal understandably left feeling aggrieved.

The officials were thinking about money, ticket sales, TV operations and insurance, seemingly over and above the welfare of the players - or at least that is the way Nadal appeared to perceive the situation.

To the credit of the players who made their displeasure known, they grouped together to make the officials sit up and listen, but a strike would go too far.

The general public would have no empathy or understanding of the players' situation if they simply refused to play, and it would be a ridiculous situation.

There are, of course, certain tournaments that the players have to participate in, but there is also a great deal of events which they can choose to either turn up to or not.

No one is forcing the players to participate as much as they are, and I'm afraid that a strike would leave them all open to utter ridicule.

We are talking about the opportunity to glean a huge amount of prize money, and even simply participation money which players do not want to miss out on.

The bottom line is that tennis is part of the entertainment industry and, if the general public get fed up with how certain people are acting, it will directly affect the players themselves.

We have to be brutally honest about the whole issue and say that if the super rich tennis players do strike, they will lose a huge amount of respect and understanding from the very people who pay to watch them play.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/si ... icle/7467/

Awatar użytkownika
robpal

Ten pan zawsze skutecznie poprawia mi humor :D
Joao

Post autor: Joao »

Dlaczego Serbowie są tenisową potęgą?
Obrazek

Jakub Ciastoń

Nie pomógł im system ani wielkie pieniądze. Choć zabrzmi to absurdalnie, najbardziej wsparły ich bombowce NATO, bo w sporcie często jest tak, że im trudniej, tym lepiej

Novak Djoković to numer jeden na świecie, wygrał cztery Wielkie Szlemy, w tym sezonie zarobił 10,5 mln dol. Ana Ivanović zwyciężyła w Rolandzie Garrosie, zagrała w finale Australian Open i prowadziła na czele listy WTA. Jelena Janković też była numerem jeden, walczyła o tytuł US Open. Nenada Zimonjicia fachowcy uważają za najlepszego deblistę globu - dwukrotnie zwyciężał w Wimbledonie. Janko Tipsarević i Viktor Troicki, od niedawna rozpychają się w czołowej 20 rankingu ATP, w grudniu razem z Djokoviciem zdobyli Puchar Davisa.

Serbowie rządzą tenisowym światem, a świat nie rozumie dlaczego. Najbardziej zdziwieni są Amerykanie i Brytyjczycy. Ci pierwsi mają 165 tys. zarejestrowanych juniorów, kilka milionów amatorów, rocznie inwestują w rozwój dyscypliny ponad 100 mln dol. W Nowym Jorku wybudowali największy tenisowy stadion na 23,7 tys. widzów, a w całym mieście jest blisko tysiąc publicznych kortów. Mają nawet 24-godzinną tenisową telewizję. Efekt? Niedawno po raz pierwszy w pierwszej dziesiątce rankingów ATP i WTA nie było żadnego Amerykanina. Gdy kariery skończą Andy Roddick i siostry Williams, po amerykańskim tenisie może zostać wielka czarna dziura.

Brytyjczycy wydają 60 mln funtów rocznie

Brytyjczycy podczas ostatniego Wimbledonu rozdawali dziennikarzom wydrukowane na kredowym papierze piękne albumy "Look what we do", czyli "Zobacz, co robimy". Na kilkudziesięciu stronach uśmiechnięte dzieciaki machały ze zdjęć rakietami tenisowymi, a obok spece od marketingu z Lawn Tennis Association chwalą się wspaniałymi inicjatywami, otwartymi kortami, przeciętymi wstęgami. Rocznie wydają na szkolenie talentów blisko 60 mln funtów, drugie tyle pochłonęła budowa centrum tenisowego w Roehampton, gdzie młodym zawodnikom nie brakuje nawet ptasiego mleka. Co roku juniorzy dostają za darmo dzikie karty do Wimbledonu, łatwiej w tenisie zaczynać kariery się już nie da. Efekt? Od 75 lat żaden Brytyjczyk nie zdobył Wielkiego Szlema. Ostatnia kobieta wygrała w 1977 r. Latem tego roku znów niemal wszyscy odpadli w I i II rundzie Wimbledonu, a wielce obiecująca zawodniczka przegrała z 40-letnią Japonką. Największym wyrzutem sumienia brytyjskiego systemu jest ich najlepszy tenisista - Szkot Andy Murray. Całą młodość szkolił się bowiem nie na Wyspach, lecz w Hiszpanii, nigdy nie zetknął się z rodzimą myślą szkoleniową. Na swoje szczęście.

W Serbii zero systemu

Jak było z Serbami? Zero systemu. Kraj mocno stawiał na sporty drużynowe - piłkę nożną, siatkówkę, koszykówkę i waterpolo, ale tenis nie dostawał pieniędzy, federacja biedowała, a wokół szalała wojna, jedna po drugiej. W Serbii - jak podał "World Street Journal" - dziś, czyli już po eksplozji tenisowego boomu, wciąż jest tylko 450 kortów, a w zeszłym roku było ledwie 3,3 tys. zarejestrowanych graczy.

Ivanović trenowała między nalotami NATO w Belgradzie w basenie ze spuszczoną wodą, bo inne miejsca były zniszczone lub niebezpieczne. Zimonjić grywał w juniorskich imprezach wyłącznie na Bałkanach, bo w czasach embarga odmawiano mu wiz na widok serbskiego paszportu. Rodzice Djokovicia zastawili pizzerię, żeby zdobyć pieniądze na treningi w Monachium. Podobną ryzykowną inwestycję podjęła matka Janković, która opłaciła córce wyjazd na Florydę. Rodzina młodej Ivanović cudem wywalczyła dla niej stypendium w Szwajcarii, gdzie udało się znaleźć sponsora. Zimonjić też z pomocą rodziców w końcu wyjechał - do Francji, Holandii i na Florydę.

Sami Serbowie nie umieją dobrze wytłumaczyć, czemu im się udało. Djoković odpowiada najczęściej, że klucz to sportowa tradycja Jugosławii, wychowanie na sukcesach koszykarzy, piłkarzy, a tenisowym punktem zapalnym stała się rywalizująca ze Steffi Graf Monica Seles, idolka wszystkich małych serbskich tenisistów. Często podkreślają też ogromną rolę rodziców - ich determinacji, żeby dać dzieciom lepsze życie. - Rodzice byli naszym systemem - stwierdził Tipsarević.

Ana Ivanović zapytana, dlaczego odniosła sukces, choć trenowała w basenie między spadającymi bombami, odparła: - Może bardziej mi zależało? Miałam mało czasu, chciałam wykorzystać każdą chwilę. - Napędzała nas chęć wyrwania się z tego szarego świata - dodał Djoković.

Na korcie zostawiają serce i zdrowie

Bardziej im zależało. Nie jest to zresztą w sporcie niczym odkrywczym. Brazylia produkuje najlepszych piłkarzy dzięki sportowej tradycji, ale też dlatego, że biedne dzieciaki chcą zamienić fawele na lepszy, kolorowy widok za oknem. - Amerykański junior, zanim cokolwiek w tenisie osiągnie, jeździ porsche, ma dom z basenem i kontrakt sponsorski. Czy tak działający system może produkować ambitnych sportowców, którzy na korcie będą walczyć i zostawią na nim zdrowie, żeby pokonać przeciwnika? - mówił Johan Kriek, triumfator Australian Open urodzony w RPA.

Serbowie na korcie zostawiają zdrowie i serce. Napędza ich ambicja, siła mentalna, zadziorność, ale też niezwykle silny patriotyzm, przywiązanie do barw narodowych. Marian Vajda, trener Djokovicia, powiedział, że nie byłoby sukcesu Novaka bez zwycięstwa w drużynowym Pucharze Davisa, gdzie nie reprezentował siebie, ale cały kraj. - Tamten triumf zmienił go wewnętrznie, uskrzydlił, wzmocnił - opowiadał Vajda. - Dać zwycięstwo ojczyźnie, to wspaniałe uczucie - pęczniał z dumy Djoković.

Kto wie, być może bez tego patriotyzmu serbskie tenisowe zdobycze szłyby na inne konto. Djoković w pewnym momencie otrzymał propozycję zmiany obywatelstwa na brytyjskie, Janković mogła stać się Amerykanką, a Ivanović - Szwajcarką. Oferty jednak szybko odrzucili.

Też mogliśmy zostać tenisową potęgą?

Tenis przez ostatnie 30 lat przestał być ekskluzywnym sportem niewielkiej części świata. Widać to w statystykach. Pod koniec lat 80. w pierwszej setce rankingów było ponad 30 Amerykanów i kilkunastu Australijczyków. Dziś Amerykanów, Australijczyków i Brytyjczyków jest kilkunastu, ale w sumie. Zamiast nich pojawiły się tabuny Rosjan, Ukraińców, Czechów, Słowaków, Serbów, Azjatów, Latynosów z Ameryki Płd. W siłę urosły kraje, gdzie tenis stawał się przepustką do lepszego życia, ale też te, gdzie podejście do tenisa było mniej elitarne, a system bardziej zdroworozsądkowy - Hiszpania i Francja.

Polaków w czołówce jest mało - w setce mieszczą się siostry Radwańskie i Łukasz Kubot, choć prawdę mówiąc, od zostania taką nieuzasadnioną tenisową potęgą jak Serbia, byliśmy o włos. Wielu naszym rodakom też zależało na tym, żeby poprawić los dzieci poprzez emigrację i tenis. Karolina Woźniacka wybrała jednak grę dla swojej nowej ojczyzny - Danii; Sabina Lisicka i Andżelika Kerber - dla Niemiec, a Aleksandra Woźniak - dla Kanady. Na razie świat nie zastanawia się nad przyczynami polskiego boomu tenisowego.

40 razy większy budżet ma brytyjska federacja tenisowa od serbskiej

5 singlowych Wielkich Szlemów zdobyli od 2008 r. Serbowie. Brytyjczycy, od 1977 r. - zero
http://www.sport.pl/tenis/51,64987,10347243.html?i=0
Awatar użytkownika
robpal

Czytam sobie wątek AO 2009 na starej stronie forum i komentarze użytkowników. Muszę przyznać, że po przeczytaniu postów po finale mam naprawdę gigantycznego banana na twarzy :D
DIL, rządzisz :D
DUN I LOVE pisze:Brawa za mecz, za piękny sukces, klasyczny Wielkie Szlem jest chyba bardziej prawdopodobny niż kiedykolwiek to miało miejsce w przypadku Federera.
Czasami czytam stare tematy (kilkuletnie), żeby zobaczyć, jak wyszły przewidywania przyszłości i jakie panowały nastroje w państwie polskim i w 90% mam z tego naprawdę niezły ubaw :D

Swoją drogą, brawa dla Wujka Toniego (po SF RG 2009 z Fedem):
Fed-Expresso pisze:Owszem, podśmiewałem się z tego zawodnika, a teraz po prostu chylę czoła, jak wiele można osiągnąć cieżką pracą, jestem niemal pewny, że prędzej to JMDP zgarnie tytuł Wielkoszlemowy niż przereklamowany Murray.
Kolejne perły:
Fed-Expresso pisze:Dlatego właśnie śmieję się z teorii o 20 Szlemach Rafy, bo grając w takich sposób jak dotychczas, 10 Wielkoszlemowych Skalpów Vamosa będzie gigantycznym osiągnięciem.
Po finale USO 2009:
DUN I LOVE pisze:Nie udało się, ale przynajmniej z każdego turnieju WS ma teraz Szwajcar nie tylko puchary, ale i tacki
Przydługie posty Julesa (szczególnie rok 2009) zakrawające o fanatyzm, rządzę mordu i święte przeczucie o dominacji Feda nad resztą rasy ludzkiej też się świetnie czyta :D

Polecam w wolnych chwilach bo zabawa przednia :)
Awatar użytkownika
DUN I LOVE
Administrator

robpal pisze: DIL, rządzisz :D
DUN I LOVE pisze:Brawa za mecz, za piękny sukces, klasyczny Wielkie Szlem jest chyba bardziej prawdopodobny niż kiedykolwiek to miało miejsce w przypadku Federera.
Akurat bezpośrednio po finale AO09 takie przemyślenia nie były dziwne.
MTT - tytuły (27)

MTT - finały (35)
Awatar użytkownika
robpal

Bez jaj, lepsi próbowali :P
Zresztą dzień później jednak zweryfikowałeś jednak (i słusznie) jego szanse ;)
DUN I LOVE pisze:Rafa nie powinien mieć problemu z RG, za dużą przewagę ma na cegle, ale po dłuższym namyśle stwierdzam, że jednak trzeba jeszcze poczekać co najmniej do lata z oceną szans młodego Hiszpana na klasycznego WS.
Ostatnio zmieniony 27 wrz 2011, 8:45 przez robpal, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.
ODPOWIEDZ